Since Star Wars characters have demonstrated a countless skills, abilities, and powers, we've decided to establish a set of guidelines on how to probably attain them with the use of experience points.
What are experience points?
Experience points (XP) are points that can be earned through RP. They allow players to purchase powers, power-ups, rank ups, and skills.
How do I earn XP?
XP can be earned through RP at a low rate (2 XP per RP). XP can be earned at higher rates in event RPs. Giveaways may also be a possibility in the future.
Can XP be reused?
No, XP cannot be reused. Once it is redeemed, it is gone for good.
How do I obtain XP after the RP is over?
After your RP is over, it is recommended you post a notice on the point verification board. A community administrator will then look over the RP and distribute the earned points to participants.
How do I spend XP?
You may spend XP through the point redemption board. Please specify what you wish to spend your XP on.
Progession System for Lightsaber Powers
- Beginner - (Free)
- Novice - (5 XP)
- Adequate - (10 XP)
- Advanced - (20 XP)
- Mastered - (30 XP)
Progression System for Force Powers (does not apply for Special Powers)
- Beginner - (Free)
- Advanced - (+50% to initial cost)
- Mastered - (+100% to initial cost)
Progression System for Non-Force User Abilities (does not apply for Other Equipment)
- Beginner - (Free)
- Advanced - (+50% to initial cost)
- Mastered - (+100% to initial cost)
Levels of Skill
- Initiate: This is the level all Force-users start at. All Initiates start off with the first lightsaber form, 'Shii-Cho'. They unlock one force ability slot.
- Padawan: This is the next level: all initiates become a padawan when taken on as a one-on-one pupil with a full-fledgled Jedi. If they are not taken as a pupil, they attain this rank within a week of their creation. They gain one new lightsaber form. They unlock tree force ability slots.
- Knight: This level is achieved one month after the character's creation. At this level, the character may begin training in a second lightsaber style. They also unlock six force ability slots.
- Master: This level is achieved three months after the character's creation. The highest level a Force-user can reach. At this level, the character may begin training a third lightsaber style. They also unlock eight force ability slots and one special ability slot.
- Neophyte: This is the level all non-Force users start at. All neophytes start off skilled in the use of a blaster pistol.
- Adept: This level is achieved one week after the character's creation. At this level, your character gains one new skill, one melee and one ranged weapon training (or, alternatively, you may train for two melee weapons OR two ranged), and one extra piece of equipment.
- Elite: This level is achieved one month after the character's creation. At this level, your character gains two new skills, one melee OR one ranged weapon training, and one new extra piece of equipment.
- Champion: This level is achieved two months after the character's creation. At this level, your character gains two new skills, one melee OR one ranged weapon training, and one new extra piece of equipment.
Ships and Space Travel
To travel to different worlds, you MUST have a ship. Ships can also be used for naval battles.
To travel between worlds, it is advised to record it on this board.
- Starfighter (2 XP) - Starfighters are small vessels usually used for dogfights. They can seat one or two people and do not usually have their own hyperdrive and require outside assistance (hyperdrive rings can be purchased for 1 XP). It takes 8 hours real time to travel between worlds via starfighter.
- Shuttle (2 XP) - Shuttles are vessels that can seat up to three people. They do not have excessive defense capabilities and thus are utilized best with starfighter escort. It takes 8 hours real time to travel between worlds via shuttle.
- Freighter (4 XP) - Freighters are cargo ships usually used by smugglers to transport large quantities of supplies. They usually have at least one turret for defense, but aren't made for conflict. It takes 6 hours real time to travel between worlds via freighter.
- Corvette (10 XP) - Corvettes are small, fast, and manuervable, but lightly-armed. They are generally armed with at least two turbolasers. They are the largest ship that can be owned by a single character. It takes 4 hours real time to travel between worlds via corvette.
- Frigate (15 EP) - Frigates are the smallest class of cruiser that can be operated and are typically captained by faction commanders. THEY MAY ONLY BE OWNED BY A FACTION! It takes 4 hours real time to travel between worlds via frigate.
- Cruiser (20 EP) - Cruisers are a step up from frigates, typically commanded by faction lieutenants. THEY MAY ONLY BE OWNED BY A FACTION! It takes 3 hours to travel between worlds via cruiser.
- Capital ship (25 EP) - Capital ships are the largest ships that can be operated. They are typically commanded by faction leaders. THEY MAY ONLY BE OWNED BY A FACTION! It takes 2 hours to travel between worlds via capital ship.
In addition to the RPed character, a character can have up to two companions (both droid and sentients) which can accompany them on their adventures. The first companion costs 10 XP and the second costs 15 XP.
- Form I: Shii-Cho - The most basic of all lightsaber forms, Shii-Cho is taught to all Jedi at least at some level. It is a wild form, focused primarily on disarming opponents than harming them.
- Form II: Makashi - A graceful and elegant form, Makashi focuses on balance and footwork to outmaneuver his foe.
- Form III: Soresu - Soresu emphasizes a heavy defense, whilst looking for openings and weaknesses to exploit.
- Form IV: Ataru - An aggressive style, Ataru focuses on powerful acrobatic attacks to tire an enemy out.
- Form V: Shien/Djem So - Shien is primarily meant for skillfully deflecting blaster fire back at an enemy, while the more aggressive Djem So focused more on lightsaber combat. Both forms emphasize immediate counterattacks.
- Form VI: Niman - Niman could best be considered the 'jack-of-all-trades' lightsaber form. It focuses on balancing elements of the preceding forms as well as the inclusion of Force-based attacks. It has no serious advantages, nor serious disadvantages.
- Form VII: Juyo - The most deadly of all lightsaber forms, Juyo focuses on erratic attacks to unbalance an opponent. It sacrifices much focus to bolster an offense, leaving one exposed in the Force.
Areas of Focus
- Control - The starting point of all Jedi teachings, control allows a Jedi to recognize the Force within himself and focus himself so he may use it.
- Sense - Sense allows a Jedi to see the unseen and immerse himself in the universe around him.
- Alter - A Jedi may use the Force to alter the physical environment around him, thus using it to his advantage.
- The Light Side - Abilities of the light side are often used to defend oneself and bolster allies, but never for direct harm. It requires a focused and clear mind void of emotion to work efficiently.
- The Dark Side - The dark side is more often used for intent of harm or even death. A user gains power from emotions, often negative. While effective, it drastically deteriorates a person's spiritual and physical health due to the body's inability to handle such power.
List of Usable Force Powers
- Padawan-level Powers - These are basic abilities that can be learned by initiates and apprentices.
- Knight-level Powers - These are more complex abilities are can be learned by full-fledged Jedi and Sith.
- Master-level Powers - These are the most advanced abilities that can be learned, only comprehendable to true masters of the Force.
|Force Push||Padawan||2 XP||Allows its user to push an object or person away from them|
|Force Pull||Padawan||2 XP||Allows its user to summon an item toward them|
|Force Jump||Padawan||2 XP||Allows its user to leap great distances|
|Force Grip||Padawan||4 XP||Allows its user to grip an object or person|
|Force Choke||Knight||6 XP||Allows its user to cut off air to another person's lungs|
|Weapon Throw||Knight||6 XP||Allows its user to throw a melee weapon at an opponent|
|Force Barrier||Knight||8 XP||Allows its user to raise a shield against enemy attacks for a short time (one turn)|
|Force Crush||Knight||8 XP||Allows its user to crush an object or person|
|Telekinetic Shell||Master||12 XP||Allows a user to fight unarmed through a telekinetic energy field which both protects them and augments their physical strength|
|Force Whirlwind||Knight||8 XP||Allows its user to trap an opponent in a mini-tornado for one turn|
|Repulse||Knight||10 XP||Allows its user to repel everything at 360 degrees|
|Force Weapon||Master||12 XP||Allows its user to imbue a melee weapon with the Force, enhancing it temporarily|
|Force Stealth||Master||10 XP||Allows its user to mask their alignment, their presence in the Force, and their ability to use it|
|Tutaminis||Master||16 XP||Allows its user to deflect lightsaber attacks and blaster bolts with their hands|
|Force Speed||Padawan||5 XP||Allows its user to run at incredible speeds|
|Clear Mind||Padawan||4 XP||Allows its user to clear his mind completely and thus focus on the situation at hand|
|Breath Control||Padawan||4 XP||Allows its user to still their breathing, making them temporarily immune to poisons and general lack of oxygen|
|Force Cloak||Knight||8 XP||Allows its user to mask their physical presence to eye or the senses|
|Force Body||Knight||8 XP||Allows its user to temporarily push their body to the limit, allowing them to endure what could otherwise kill them|
|Shadow Vision||Knight||8 XP||Allows its user to see clearly in the dark without the assistance of night vision equipment|
|Force Smell||Knight||4 XP||Allows its user to enhance their ability of smell|
|Force Sight||Knight||4 XP||Allows its user to see the very presence of the Force, even if they are blind|
|Far Sight||Knight||10 XP||Allows its user to sense emotionally close people even if they are across the galaxy|
|Psychometry||Master||10 XP||Allows its user to gain information of previous events or impressions simply by touching an object|
|Sense Life||Padawan||6 XP||Allows its user to sense life in the immediate vicinity|
|Force Track||Knight||8 XP||Allows its user to pick up the Force trail left behind by their quarry|
|Mind Probe||Knight||8 XP||Allows its user to force himself through the mind of an individual to uncover information|
|Force Meld||Knight||10 XP||Allows its users to connect their minds with each other to draw strength from each other and coordinate effectively, though if one user is killed while using this ability, all others are as well|
|Comprehend Speech||Knight||6 XP||Allows its user to pick up impression of what a person is saying who speaks a foreign language|
|Mind Trick||Knight||6 XP||Allows its user to influence the mind of a weak-willed individual|
|Force Empathy||Knight||6 XP||Allows its user to pick up impressions of a person's emotional state|
|Memory Walk||Knight||10 XP||Forces its victim to relive memories, usually painful ones|
|Illusion||Master||10 XP||Allows its user to force an illusion upon a victim|
|Beast Control||Knight||8 XP||Allows its user to influence an animal|
|Fear||Knight||8 XP||Can cause deep fear in a single opponent|
|Force Lightning||Knight||10 XP||Allows its user to channel their negative emotions into a burst of lightning from their fingers|
|Rage||Knight||8 XP||Allows its user to channel their anger into a rage which augments their power, strength, and endurance temporarily|
|Force Scream||Knight||6 XP||Allows its user to amplify intense anger and frustration into a powerful scream similar in effect to that of a small explosion|
|Deadly Sight||Master||12 XP||Allows its user to cause intense pain and even injury to opponents simply by looking at them, but requires extreme concentration|
|Drain||Master||12 XP||Allows its user to steal health from their victim to replenish their own, potentially killing the victim|
|Ionize||Knight||10 XP||Allows a user to send a concentrated amount of lightning that can disable droid opponents and machinery, but is ineffective against living opponents|
|Battlemind||Master||10 XP||Augments the user's morale and fighting spirit, making them immune to mental attacks|
|Healing||Knight||8 XP||Allows its user to heal wounds of themselves or an ally, but the focus requires its user's full attention to complete and exposes the user to attack|
|Stun||Knight||6 XP||Allows its user to temporarily stun their opponent and put them in a daze|
|Valor||Knight||12 XP||Augments an ally's health and strength at great cost to its user's own energy|
|Shatterpoint||Master||30 XP||Allows its user to detect faults and imperfections within an object or person and exploit them|
|Battle Meditation||Master||40 XP||Allows its user to boost the morale of their forces or drive the enemy's forces in disarray, but requires deep medition to concentrate|
|Sever Force||Master||50 XP||Allows its user to cut their victim's very connection to the Force (though it can potentially be restored it is a long and grueling process)|
|Drain Knowledge||Master||40 XP||Allows its user to steal all knowledge from a person's mind, leaving the victim totally braindead|
|Force Vision||Master||40 XP||Allows its user to see glimpses possible events of the long-term future, though since the future is always in motion, the visions are not set in stone|
|Force Spirit||Master||60 XP||Allows its user to live forever as a noncorporeal ghost incapable of physically interacting with the galaxy|
|Transfer Essence||Master||60 XP||Allows its user to be reborn in a new body at the maximum of THREE times before their spirit dies|
|Battle Precognition||Master||30 XP||Allows its user to have visions of incoming attacks before they happen (only in the short-term)|
List of Non-Force User Abilities and Skills
|Blaster Pistols||2 XP||A very basic weapon often used as a sidearm or handy backup for self-defense|
|Blaster Rifles||4 XP||A rapidly repeating weapon that packs more firepower than a standard blaster pistol|
|Ion Blasters||3 XP||A specialized blaster that can disable droids or hardware|
|Rocket Launchers||10 XP||A heavy assault weapon that can store up to five rockets and can disable a tank|
|Flamethrowers||8 XP||An anti-personnel weapon that unleashes a torrent of flames and tends to have a wide area of impact; can explode if damaged; has a very limited fuel supply|
|Rotary Blasters||10 XP||A rapid repeating heavy weapon that has a wide area of impact; limited to 1,000 blaster bolts|
|Sniper Rifles||8 XP||A blaster rifle that has a very long range, but is not rapid repeating|
|Lightsabers||20 XP||An elegant weapon for a more civilized age, the use of a lightsaber by someone who isn't a Jedi is unorthodox at best, but a great swordsman can wield it to great effect|
|Vibroblades||6 XP||A weapon, typically a sword or axe, which utilizes ultrasonic vibrations to enhance cutting ability; typically able to stand up against a lightsaber and easier to wield than one; electric surges can short-circuit it|
|Electric Weapons||8 XP||A weapon outfitted with electricity to enhance their attack power; typically has a limited charge and thus runs out after prolonged use|
|Polearms||6 XP||Typically a long pole-like object such as a staff or pike which can be used for powerful, acrobatic thrust attacks|
|Whips||8 XP||A braided weapon typically made of ductile material, whips are difficult to master, but can be used to great effect at disabling or disarming opponents at relatively long range|
|Dual Wield||8 XP||The ability to wield two pistols or two swords in both hands, doubling defense or offense|
|Hand-to-Hand Combat||4 XP||Training in martial arts provides its user with an effective defense, even when unarmed|
|Sword Training||10 XP||Training in a particular art of sword-fighting gives its user expert skill at using vibroswords and even lightsabers|
|Slicing||8 XP||The ability to hack into databases and break through digital security|
|Engineering||8 XP||The ability to build and maintain mechanical equipement such as droids, starships, and weapons|
|Biochemistry||8 XP||The ability to make healing chemicals and medicines|
|Xenolinguistics||6 XP||The ability to speak multiple foreign languages|
|Piloting||4 XP||The ability to expertly pilot a starship|
|Animal Taming||12 XP||The ability to docile an otherwise vicious animal and make it fight for you|
|Freerunning||14 XP||The ability to do amazing agile feets otherwise considered unnatural|
|Jetpack||10 XP||Allows it's user to boost themselves at the maximum of 30 feet; limited fuel supply|
|Grappling Hook||4 XP||Allows up to two people to grapple and lift themselves to a surface; may be attached to blasters|
|Night Vision||6 XP||Allows its user to see in the dark of night|
|Light Armor||5 XP||Provides agility and speed boost at the expense of protection|
|Medium Armor||5 XP||Neither provides a hugely advantageous protection nor agility boost|
|Heavy Armor||5 XP||Provides heavy protection at the expense of agility and speed|
|Kolto Med Packs||8 XP per 3 packs||A medpac that can heal most nonfatal injuries in the heat of battle; still requires hospital visit if severe|
|Cortosis||20 XP||A brittle and rare mesh that can absorb the energy from blaster bolts and deactivate lightsaber blades for a short time|
On occasion, community administrators will distribute rewards to players for participations in events. These rewards may include 'Other Equipment' items, starships, rare weapons, or even, on rare occasions, Force powers. These rewards, however, must coincide with the current RP situation.