- Creating New Characters: In order to create a character, you must go to the Character Creation Board and following the character approval rules to make your character.
- Be Patient: Administrators have lives outside the wiki and thus, it will take more than five minutes for them to review and approve an application. That said, if your application is not handled within 48 hours, please contact a Community administrator.
- Be Open to Criticism: Your character may not be great the first time, but that's okay! Please, do not take the criticism personally, as we are not here to disparage you, but to help make the experience better for you.
- Allegience: A character must have allegience to either a current faction (Republic, Sith, Mandalorian, Jedi, etc.) or they can be neutral.
- Species: There is no limit on species at the moment, but you can't make a species of an extinct race or a race that is not existent in this period. You may also only use species from Star Wars.
- Professions: Professions come in different varieties, so we currently do not have any limits on professions as long as they are reasonable.
- Personality and History: This is the part where you can be as creative as you want. However, we do have a few rules for those. They can not be a "Mary Sue", in which a character is perfect with little to no flaws and implausible talents. They should have their limits. Their history must be at least three paragraphs in length and their personality must at least be one paragraph. Also, the character must be original and cannot be a copy-and-paste of a canonical character.
- Character Relations: A character cannot be related to a canon character unless given express approval by a community administrator.
- Formatting: For submitting an application, please follow this profiling style:
Name: What is your character's name? Alias: Does your character have any nicknames or alter egos? (Optional) Starting World: What planet is your character starting on? Age: How old is your character? Gender: Is your character male or female? Species: What race is your character? Allegiance: What faction is your character loyal to? Profession: What does your character do for a living? Rank: What rank does your character hold in his/her organization? Homeworld: What planet does your character hail from? Force-sensitive: Can your character use the Force? Alignment: Does your character practice the Light Side or the Dark Side of the Force? (Jedi/Sith only) Weapon: What is your character's primary arsenal? Appearance: What does your character look like? Personality: How does your character behave? What are his values, likes, and dislikes? Does (s)he have any special quirks? History: How did your character become how they are today? What is his/her background?
For droids only:
Droid Name: Droid Type: Model: Starting World: Date Created: Gender programming: Allegiance: Home World: Weapon: Appearance: Personality/Programming: History:
- Adoption Forum: If a user wishes to place their character up for adoption, they simply need to add Category:Up For Adoption to their character page and advertise it on the adoption forum. A user interesting in adopting the character should respond on the forum or contact the owner via their message wall. If the user is interested, but the owner has not responded within a week, a community administrator may automatically turn the adopted character over to the interested party.
- Inactivity: If a user is gone for more than 30 days and declared inactive, their character(s) are automatically put up for adoption. (See Inactivity Policy for more information)
- Deletion: If a character remains unclaimed for more than 30 days after being put up for adoption, it will be deleted.
Site Canons are pre-made characters, usually from the backstory, that start off with predetermined characteristics (usually rank, skill level, and backstory). Usually players are given minimal direction from the administration in the creation process and beyond those directions players may create and RP the characters as they wish. They can be found on the Site Canons board.
However, given the character's inherent importance, if a player is declared inactive (see Inactivity Policy), the character will be reopened for adoption in the Site Canons board.